Tuesday, May 8, 2007

History in Seattle


A few weekends ago, dad Vosburgh came up to WA and took us took us to Seattle for a few days! It was SO MUCH FUN!! We stayed at The Westin...which was AWESOME!
Matt and I got up super early (not really) on Sat. morning and walked down to the ferry; yes, we walked! When we arrived in Seattle (where we met dad) with our suitcases we were greeted with love and flowers! :) Let me tell you, that's the life! Two boquets, yes, 2! :) Anyway, we promptly dropped our luggage off at the hotel (NICE!) and started our history tour of Seattle! You see, Matt was born in Seattle 31 years ago! So, he has some history! We drove by the hospital where he was born, took some pictures of course!
Oh, wait, the first thing we did was go the 13 Coins. It is a restaurant (it's been around for YEARS) where we ate a scrumptious breakfast. Of course, we got a few stories in there....it's open 24 hours a day....oh, and they apparently haven't changed a thing with it's decor! :)...so we hear.
We also drove up to the house where Matt lived for the first year of his life! There was a guy outside moving the lawn (electrical mower, poor guy) and we stopped to talk with him for a minute, and believe it or not, he let us go inside and check it out! That was really cool for M to be able to see something he has only heard about for so long! It was an itty bitty house!
That night we went to the Space Needle for dinner at the revolving restaurant! That was so great! Delicious food and amazing view! As we saw the city so high up, Matt's dad was able to point things out and give us the history and stories! It was really cool!
Sunday morning...you'll never guess. We went to Queen Anne Baptist Church where Matt went and spent much time in the nursery! His dad recognized a few people there who still go to the same church (30+ years!!! WOW!). It's funny, but Matt looks like his dad did 31 years ago so that was pretty hilarios because people were recognizing his dad through Matt....you get it? :) Funny, hu?
Do you think you've had the best hamburger or cheesburger in the world??!!! Well you probably haven't unless you've gone to Frisko Freeze. That place is still around and looks exactly the same, they say! This seemed to be the highlight for the boys. :) It's food, you know? What can you say? Anyway, I was wondering what the deal was, but I do agree, the burgers are pretty good! They seem so basic, but they really do taste delicious, and I'm not the biggest fan of meat! There was something about the malt shakes too....!
We will have more pics posted on our photo page in a new album so you can see more of the fun!
We had so much fun this great weekend in Seattle! What a fun time! Thank you SO MUCH dad!!!

2 comments:

Terri and Mark said...

I love going back to where I grew up and reliving memories. After Mark and I had been married a year or so, I took him back to Ohio. My Dad, at the time, still lived in the house I grew up in. I'm SO glad Mark got to see it before my Dad sold the house and moved out here. Atleast now he knows my roots and can blame "hickville" Ohio for all my ignorance. Once a country girl, always a country girl:)

Unknown said...

Nicely worded Cristin! Thanks for being such a good sport about being driven all over Seattle. It was fun for me to share and revisit the past from 30 years ago with the two of you. Be sure to share the "over-the-top photo" from Frisko Freeze. I'm printing and framing that for my office!