Wednesday, February 14, 2007

NEW HOME

Well, we've made it to Poulsbo (WA) and we've finally gotten somewhat settled. The drive up here was pretty nice and we didn't have any problems at all. We left a little later than we had originally planned (Tuesday January 30th at 5:30 PM) but we made ok time and arrived unscathed. We were so happy to finally arrive (Friday February 2nd at 6:00 PM) and be able to see Grandma and Grandpa (G&G). We had a very nice dinner and crashed out pretty early... apparently, driving 1500 miles is fairly exhausting.

There were 5 of us on the road trip... myself, Cristin, Patsy (Cristin's mom), Bella (our cat) and Barney (Cristin's parents' dog... aka Smith). We took turns driving (not the animals) and stopped many times, so the drive wasn't too tiresome... but it felt like it was never going to end. Patrick (Cristin's dad) flew in on the Monday after we arrived and we all spent the next few days getting Cristin and I settled and doing various tasks around the house here. G&G are really wonderful and we are thrilled to get to do this.

We are starting to feel settled after nearly 2 weeks. We have a great deal of privacy as we are occupying the entire first floor of the house and we are slowly making it "our own" with decoration, furniture and such. Our bedroom still needs some organizing and the living room and bathroom are okay, but my office is pretty much set. On that note, I'm very pleased to announce that I successfully obtained the position of employment that I have worked really hard to get. YES!!! I'll be working as a sales rep for a very good company here (http://www.wtramlights.com/) with salary, benefits and commissions, starting next Tuesday. The best part is I'll be working from home! It will definitely make many things easier for us and I'll get to have lunch with everyone at home.

Speaking of lunch... Grandma is such an amazing cook! She really knows her stuff and she's teaching Cristin some cool things too. I've been eating like a king and if you know me, you know I'm lovin' it big time! We will definitely be needing to work out more than ever before... the food is really healthy, but it's also very "healthy"... haha. G&G are really amazing and have seen so much. It's almost staggering to think about all that they've experienced in their lifetime. Yesterday, I asked Grandma how they met, and she told me the whole story. Their first date was 69 years ago today... in 1938! It's really cool hearing their stories. Grandma does a great majority of the talking and Grandpa gives the general summary versions. It's really great! I could try to describe them more, but I don't think I would paint a colorful enough of a picture to represent them accurately. They are way cool!

Anyway, I mostly just wanted to get this blog going since we've been real busy with everything and I finally had a few minutes to sit down and do it. I've posted some new pics on the pictures page and there are many more to come. We are already missing everyone back home and can't wait for the next opportunity to see you. Please email us or give us a call when you have a chance. Peace out!

Matt

No comments: