Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Low Ri-der...

Well...I am getting larger and larger with child every day. :) There is something about being pregnant that I just LOVE! Over the last week or so, I have felt like he is getting lower and lower. It has been difficult to bend over for a while now...but getting even more and more difficult to sit like a lady comfortably :) . The difficulty in bending over, even just the slightest bit, has been enhanced lately by my low riding baby. My wonderful husband who is so very thoughtful and kind surprised me yesterday. I was in the shower when I noticed he had put all of my items (shampoo, coniditioner, body wash, face scrub) on the upper shelf for me so I wouldn't have to bend over. He is so cute. I just LOVE him so much! I TOTALLY appreciate his thoughtfulness. Seriously, I have resorted to picking things up with my toes if they are small enough when I drop them...or I just leave them until I can ask my darling studly man to pick it up for me. Speaking of...there are some thank-you cards that fell behind the desk about a week ago that I can't get to....squeeze myself thin enough to reach them...uh-mmm...baby, do you mind? :)

We had a dr. appt last Tuesday. The baby was about 5 lbs, heart rate in the 120's, head down, butt up, I measured 27 cm, I was 35 wks, 5 days. We have another appt. this am and I'm curious to find out what I measure. They say you measure in cm what you are in weeks. For several weeks now, I have measured a bit larger than what I 'should' be. I know everyone is different...but it makes me wonder if we are a bit farther along than we think. This little boy just might show up before Christmas!

We are totally able and ready to care for a child...but I have had some freak out moments. Not FREAK OUT, like "How do I care for a child, I don't know what to do"...but freak out like..."Holy crap! are we ready for this?!!!" Yeah, I know, what's the difference? :) We are totally ready, but I'm feeling unprepared. I realize nothing can quite prepare one for a brand new baby in their life until they just do it (literally :) ). Just kidding. I'm serious, though. I don't think that we can be any more prepared (other than completing the folding of the baby clothes, putting stuff away in the baby's room, etc.). I don't think you can prepare yourself fully for what's to come. That's exciting! It is going to be a brand new, HUGE adventure. And what fun to do it with your best friend! I can't wait to see him...to see his precious little feet, and look into his eyes. It is going to be amazing! See you soon, my little low-rider :) .

No comments: