Monday, December 8, 2008

Red Hot Gift

So, I'm WIDE AWAKE. I have NEVER in my entire life been an early riser. NEVER EVER. I was the child who you had to practically drag out of bed in the mornings. My sister, on the other hand...was always the "I'm totally wide awake and it's 6am...", jumping on my bed, getting nose to nose with me telling me to get up! I think she is still like that. I love her!
Well, anyway...as you can see, I have documented my early morning. This is the time I finally got out of bed because I was too awake to try to force myself back to sleep. This is after I awoke at 3:22 (earlier than that..I just finally looked at the clock at 3:22). I layed in bed for a while...listening the Maverick lick something, Bella jingle a little as she moves from one side of Matt to the other, Matt breathing a heavy sleep, the baby playing some sort of serious sport in my belly. I even contemplated whether it was lightly raining outside...thinking that it could possibly be because it was a little cloudy with a nice chill last night.... This was confirmed like 10 minutes later with a two minute blast of heavy rain falling out of the sky onto our covered car parking area just at the head of our bed. It was either that or about 10 people getting some serious shopping done at Food City at a near 4am while they all take their shopping carts through our parking lot. Pretty sure it was the rain. :)

So, now I'm sipping hot chocolate while I blog away. Yesterday afternoon was an exceptionally emotional day for me. I don't know what got into me. Could be the overwhelming idea that my life is about to change forever. I don't feel ready, even though I must be. I mean...all my life, ALL of my life, I dreamed of getting married and having babies...having a beautiful family. I am SOOOO excited...but at the same time kind of scared. I know, that's silly. I know I am going to be a good mommy, Matt is going to be an AMAZING daddy. We are going to have a wonderful family. It's just the thought of..."This is it!".. you know? I would never want it any other way. It could be that I'm a planner. Really, deep down inside, I am a planner. I like to know what is going to happen and when. I love surprises...!!! But, as far as being spontaneous, that's not quite me. (I always used to think I liked to be spontaneous...but at some point in my adult life, I realized I am SO not a spontaneous person. It's hard to deal with for me.....I'd like to be spontaneous, though. :) This could be my issue. The fact that I don't know when JP is going to make his grand entrance into this beautiful world...I think that could be my stress. So...I just have to think if it as one big, huge surprise!! :) Atta girl!

ANYWAY...my emotional day. I was laying on the bed trying to compose myself last night. My wonderful, darling, studly husband comes in and tells me that he has a great idea. I love him. I love it when he talks with a sparkle in his voice. He tells me that he can paint my toes. :) Now, before you get too sarcastic and make some dorky comment you must know the following: this was a completely unselfish act. For weeks now, I have been wanting pretty toes. I mean, I have been wanting to do my toes...I must have thought about it every day. Life just gets busy. I had an offer from my mom, but we didn't get around to it. To top it off, I can't even reach my toes. Well, I can, but if I painted them, if might look like a 4 year old did it. Let's just say that if I had a 'grabber' or 'reacher' (you know, one of those things old people use to pick something up or put their socks on), life would be easier. :)

I could say it is my sister's fault. She had the cutest toes. She does have some seriously cute toes...but a few weeks ago, she had the **BEST** color of red on her toes. So I asked her what color it was...OPI's Hip Hop Holly. You've gotta say it with a little groovin'. :) Simple. She got it at ULTA. So, I was on a mission. Well, it turns out the people at ULTA know what I'm talking about...but it was apparently discontinued last year. Whatever, I must get this color. I go to another ULTA and they know what I'm talking about...but the same thing. D/C'd last year. Fine. So, my sister got the final secret stash. I could borrow hers..but I want my own. I give in. I'll settle.

Matt and I are at ULTA yesterday and after an hour of smelling cologne I'm asking him what color he likes. I have three...OPI's Rosie Mistletoes-ies, Ruby for Rudolph, and Red Hot Gift. I couldn't decide. I liked them all. The first two were kind of sparkly, the third flat. At this point, he doesn't know their names...he's just looking at the color. He says he likes Rosie Mistletoes-ies. I said, "Really?", still doubting and uncertain, and he says, "Yeah, I like it. It's sparkly. That one is flat." I'm still debating as he pulls one out and says..."Now, this on is SEXY!...Red Hot Gift." He's getting all excited about this color...and I say, "REALLY? You like THIS one?" :) He puts the two together with my slight sarcasm and confirms he really does like it and that is the one I should get, even though it is flat. :)

Back to my emotional moment. So, my wonderful, thoughtful husband is offering to paint my toes. He knows I've wanted pretty toes forEVER now. He knows what a task it would be to do it myself...and he knows I have committed to having pretty toes when I deliver this child. That was a committment. I am going to have pretty toes when I have the baby. And since we know the time is near...we were running out of time. So, for the first time ever, my awesome husband painted my toes after, of course, he brought me my foot soak with hot water. :)
I am so blessed that my man is not too proud to do that. It was a completely selfLESS act of love because he wanted me to feel better. He wanted me to be happy. Well, of course, I am happy already because I'm married to the most amazing man and we are saved..and we have wonderful families..etc....but you know what I mean. :) So...here are my newly painted, puffy toes. Don't look too close...my nails are pretty short and my feet are presently fat. But, notice the fine job he did! :)
Here are some fun pics we took at my parents store yesterday. My mom decorated the store yesterday and we were trying to get the little Christmas tree in the picture...but you can't really see it. Oh well. :) What fun anyway.


2 comments:

Camilla Tomren said...

:) what a great story... and you have a talent for writing... I love reading your little updates :) ps. your toes looked awesome... pps. I remember one morning we were supposed to open at Sbux together (at like 4.30 or 5am) and you were sooo late getting there.. I called you and you weren't even up yet when you answered the phone... LOL....good memories ;)

Unknown said...

Matt, great job! You've got a future in pedicuring. :)