Friday, December 12, 2008

Wide Awake...Again!

Well...once again I'm wide awake. This time it is not the pregnancy. Well, that fact that I'm still awake could be. :) My awesome neighbors think it is 'so much fun!, like totally!' to be awake and screaming like 10 year old girls at a slumber party at 3:30 in the morning!

Anyway...I'm not bitter or anything. :) Being awake gave me a chance to catch up on a blog that I have been too busy with life to do lately. :)

I am reminded of our precious Jesus. It is so great being a child of God. He loves us so much. He has the best things planned out for our lives. It is such a priveledge to know Him. :)

As a child my parents taught me to pray for my husband. So...I spent many years praying for him. I prayed that he would know the Lord..that he would not 'stray' (such a christianese term!), that he would be musically inclined, be funny, tall, dark, handsome, etc. :) Whatever. I don't remember exactly what I prayed for...(I know there is a list out there in one of those 'growing up boxes' somewhere!). Anyway...I prayed for Matt. I am so amazed how awesome God is! He did good when He made Matt! :) I have said this before..but I could never have even planned out all of Matt in one person. I don't think I thought there could be someone made so perfectly for me. I didn't even consider it. God knows me so well...He gave me the perfect complement to spend my life with.

Since we found out we were pregnant we have prayed for our baby. It has been exciting to talk about what he might be like, what he might do with his life...all the possibilities. The one thing I really do hope is that he has Matt's eyelashes! I know...I'm a dork! They are WONDERFUL! :)

Anyway, it is a priveledge to be able to trust in God and know that He has you in His care. To know that even though I may have prayed for silly things when praying for my husband...He takes care of us and knows what is most important. He brings things together in ways we could never plan.

This is my insight at a now 5 am in the morning. Hope everyone else is sleeping fine!

1 comment:

Camilla Tomren said...

You are too cute! I keep saying that.. LOL
miss you friend and I hope I can come out there and visit you soon. I should be back in T-town by next Sunday....